No matter what you do or what you create, it is almost inevitable that someone somewhere won’t like it — even if what you’re doing is generous, selfless, or kind.
Always remember that you don’t do what you do for your critics, you do it for the people who find value in it — even if it’s just one person (or yourself).
Criticism is common. Keep going.
- We’re all in the same boat
- Rejection is normal and criticism is common
- Rejection is neither an indication of value or talent
- The surprising thing about rejection
- Perception and Rejection
- Saved by criticism
- My first one star review (and a lesson on criticism)
- Don’t leave your sense of worth and well-being in the hands of others.
- Likability. Being liked and unliked.
- Self-confidence is a byproduct of a stable sense of self-worth.