Achieving personal goals: Comparison is the thief of joy
We are often unaware of the struggles that others must face in order to achieve success. As Lee Honda put it, “Success is 99% failure.”
Know that whatever it is you wish to accomplish, no two people, businesses, or ventures are exactly the same. You can’t help but bring a unique perspective to your endeavors and a unique combination of talents and skills.
So even if the field is crowded, understand that you can succeed, too, but in order to do so, it is essential that you put in the effort and take action to achieve your goals.
Getting discouraged at others’ accomplishments and giving up because you feel you can’t compete gets you nowhere.
Constantly comparing yourself to others is waste of energy. There will always be someone better at something than you are.
A wise person once said, “Comparison is the thief of joy.” Don’t let the success of others discourage you from your own endeavors or make you bitter. If someone has done or is doing something you would like to do, let it inspire you and be an indicator that you, too, can achieve great things.
Achieving personal goals series:
- Take action
- Do it for YOU
- Visualize your results
- Make a commitment to yourself
- Take personal responsibility
- Focus on what you CAN do
- No excuses!
- Work for results
- Focus on the positive
- Comparison is the thief of joy
- Be patient and disciplined
- What I’ve learned about achieving personal goals
- The most successful people in the world
- Success isn’t just about accomplishment
- Every little step you take towards a goal, no matter how small, is progress.
- What stress is caused by and why you should give a damn
- Self-love vs Narcissism