As you may have noticed, it’s been a while since my last update. Yeah, I noticed that, too. Here’s the latest news:
I’ve finished the narratives for the first book. I ran into some health issues (which I hope are behind me) so it took a fair bit longer than I expected. One day I’ll fill you in on the details (in fact, it will likely make it into a narrative for book 3). In any case, it appears that my brain is working again and I’m a lot more efficient & productive than I have been for a while.
Due to how inaccurate my previous estimates for when my first book would be available, I’m hesitant to provide a guess as to when it will be available. All I can say is “as soon as I’m confident I am providing you with the highest quality content I am capable of creating at this time“.
Just know that aside from some nitty gritty detail work (I need to draw some maps, have my new content proofread and make changes accordingly), all of the content for the early access edition of book one is complete.
Early access editions:
What I previously referred to as “advanced copies” are now “early access editions”. What does this mean? It means that some of the content (mainly narrative related — the lessons in the books should remain mostly untouched) may change between the early access edition of a book and the final release.
The 25 chapters that span all the 3 volumes of this series are designed to provide details of my journey and are (mostly) presented in chronological order. As I have not yet completed all of the narratives for all three books, it is possible that some future content may be best presented in a different order. Or, some future content may prompt me to tweak existing work in order to present it in the most effective way.
This has already happened in the process of writing the narratives for book one. For example, “narrative 2” ended up getting added to “narrative 1”. This resulted in me having to write an additional narrative. Then “Narrative 7” became “Narrative 2” and the existing narrative got shifted forward — thus shifting ALL narratives by one — and so forth and so on. It wasn’t planned, but it works much better this way.
If there is anything I want to you take away from this it’s this:
- The early access copies are truly limited editions
- My primary concern is providing you with the highest quality content in the most impactful way that I can
Benefits of purchasing an early access edition (updated):
- Purchasing an early access edition will not only entitle you to a greater than 50% discount off the cover price ($27.99), it will also entitle you to a discount on the final release (provided you wish to purchase it). Please note, the content of early access editions and the final releases should be very similar. It is simply that I may change the order in which things are presented.
- Your book will be personalized by the author (signed & inscribed to you or anyone you gift it to)
- You will receive your book weeks before it’s available anywhere else
- You will be entitled to a complimentary digital edition (when available)
- You are under no obligation to buy the book until it is ready to be shipped to you
- You will be one of the first in the world to get one of the first copies of the first edition of this book available anywhere
You raised the cover price?
Yes. Here’s why:
My original price estimate for my books was $12.95 to $14.95 and I still aim to provide the books to you (waiting list recipients) at that price (the “greater than 50% off” discount will do that). So the increase in the cover price won’t actually affect you.
I raised the cover price of my books after realizing my existing estimates not only gave me no wiggle room with regard to actually making money from the books (or to provide future discounts), it didn’t accurately reflect the value of the books. This is content compiled over 7 years of hard-earned lessons that I’ve been working into book form for nearly 2. And it is presented with the sole purpose of having a significant positive impact on your life. But as I have yet to make any money from my content over the course of these 7 years, your purchase of the first book will directly help me to live while I work on finishing books 2 and 3.
Ok, that’s it for now. I’m hoping that my next update will arrive much quicker than the last one.
I want you to know that I greatly appreciate you reading this, your interest in my work, and your support.
With my thanks,
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don’t hesitate to let me know.
How you can help:
Helping to create interest in my work and my book is always helpful. If it becomes relevant in any way, be sure to let people know that signing up for an early access edition of my book will entitle them to a greater than 50% off discount when it becomes available.